We thought you’d ask that question, so here are some facts that will explain why your small business does need a responsive website design.*
- 63% of American adults own a smartphone.
- More than 2 billion mobile devices were shipped in 2014.
- 67% of the average global mobile web users now use mobile as either their primary or exclusive means of going online.
- There are over 1.2 billion people accessing the web from their mobile devices.
- ONE IN THREE mobile searches have local intent versus one in five on desktops.
- An average of 1.8 hours per day of media consumption are spent on mobile devices versus 1.6 on desktops and 1.5 on TV.
- 80% of consumers conducted mobile commerce in 2014.
- 57% of users say they wouldn’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website.
- Not having a mobile optimized website is like closing your store two days each week.
- 41% of people have used a mobile device to browse for a product after seeing it in a show or advertisement.
- 68% of people research a service or product on their smartphone. Of that 68%, 35% purchase on their smartphone versus 28% on their laptop.
- 72% of tablet owners make purchases from their devices on a weekly basis.
*SOURCES: eConsultancy.com, Flurry.com, Gartner.com, Inmobi.com, JDPower.com, Localytics.com, LuxuryDaily.com, Mashable.com, Mobify.com, PewInternet.org, StatCounter.com